Herbal History Research Network
Last updated: 20 November 2018
The Herbal History Research Network (HHRN) is committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our supporters and is the data controller.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Identity Data may include your first name, last name, username, and title, and gender.
- Technical Data may include your internet protocol addresses and browser type and version.
- Usage Data may include information about your use of our website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data. This information does not identify you. We may collect location and timezone data.
Attendees at Conferences or Seminars only:
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Areas of interest in investigation into the history of into herbal medicine; data concerning food preferences and any requirements regarding access to the venue.
This data has been provided voluntarily by you when you register for our mailing list or register for a Conference or Seminar. This may be via the website or a Registration form.
Sensitive Data: We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you.
Change of purpose: We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it – to send our newsletter, to notify you of future HHRN events, to keep a record of attendees or to process your payment for an event.
When you subscribe to our email mailing list, we collect your name and email address which we use to keep you informed about our activities.
You can unsubscribe from our email newsletter at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or by emailing email@example.com. When you unsubscribe we remove your personal information within 7 days of your request.
We use MailChimp for all our mailouts and they act as the data processors for this information. To find out more, please visit: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Cookies provide information to our website about the computer used by visitors to the website.
Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. This information will not identify your personal details. The Information Commissioner’s website explains the purpose of cookies and also how to set your computer’s browser to reject cookies. See https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
Storing your Personal data
When you attend an HHRN event, we will store the data which you provide on the Registration form on an Access database on a password protected computer. We process personal data related to ticket sales internally. Our lawful basis for processing this data is your consent given when you purchase a ticket.
We would disclose your personal information where we have a legal obligation to do so. We retain your personal information for six years from the date of an event, for which you were allocated a ticket, as part of our legal obligation.
Access to Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you are a data subject. You have the right to view, or ask us to amend or delete any personal information we hold about you. See https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at HHRN, 21 Dean Street, Crediton, Devon, EX17 3EN, UK.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. See https://ico.org.uk/