- Butser Ancient Farm, experimental archaeology site in Hampshire http://www.butserancientfarm.co.uk
- Sagnlandet Lejre (formerly known as Lejre Experimental Centre), experimental archaeology site near Roskilde, Denmark http://www.sagnlandet.dk/en/
- South Tirol Museum of Archaeology [SüdtirolerArchäologiemuseum] http://www.iceman.it/en/://
- Native Hands, courses in ancestral knowledge http://www.nativehands.co.uk
- Experimental Archaeology Conference https://experimentalarchaeology.org.uk/
- For listing of and links to 259 English-language archaeology journals https://dougsarchaeology.wordpress.com
- Archaeology Data Service (ADS) library brings together the ADS library of unpublished fieldwork reports with documents from the ADS archives and archaeological publishers such as Oxbow with the British and Irish Archaeological Bibliography (BIAB) https://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/library/
- Christopher Hobbs, ‘Herbal History: An outline of history of herbalism’, article, www.healthy.net/Health/Article
- Albert S. Lyons, ‘Prehistoric Medicine’, article, www.healthguidance.org/entry/6303
Barber E.J.W., 1991. Prehistoric Textiles. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
Barham L. et al., 1999. In Search of Cheddar Man. Stroud: Tempus.
Brears Peter; Black Maggie; Corbishley Gill; Renfrew Jane; Stead Jennifer, 1993. A Taste of History: 10,000 years of food in Britain. London: English Heritage & British Museum Press.
Coles B., Coles J. et al., 1996. Bog Bodies. Sacred sites and wetland archaeology. [proceedings of WARP conference, Silkeborg Museum, Jutland, Sept. 1996]
Coles J. & Minnitt S., 1995. Industrious and Fairly Civilized. The Glastonbury Lake Village. Taunton: Somerset County Council.
Cunliffe Barry, 2013. Britain Begins. Oxford: Oxford University Press. [with excellent guide to further reading]
Delaney F., 1986. The Celts. London: Guild Publishing.
Diamond Jared, 2012. The World Until Yesterday. What can we learn from traditional societies? London: Allen Lane.
Fleckinger A., 2014 Ötzi, the Iceman: The full facts at a glance. Bolzano: Folio, 4th edn.
Godwin Sir H., 1975. History of the British Flora. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2nd edn.
Hardy K. and Kubiak Marten L., eds, 2016. Wild Harvest. Plants in the hominin and pre-agrarian human worlds. Oxford: Oxbow Books.
Jones M., 2001. The Molecule Hunt. Archaeology and the search for ancient DNA. London: Penguin Press.
Keller F., 1878. The Lake Dwellings of Switzerland and other parts of Europe, 2nd edn, 2 vols. London: Longmans, Green, & Co.
Malone C., 2001. Neolithic Britain and Ireland. Stroud: Tempus.
Menotti F. ed., 2004. Living on the Lake in Prehistoric Europe. 150 years of lake-dwelling research. London: Routledge.
Mithen, S., 2003. After the Ice. A global human history, 20,000–5,000 BC. London: Weidenfeld & Nicolson.
Pearsall Deborah M., 2015. Paleoethnobotany, 3rd edn. London: Routledge.
Pitts M. & Roberts M., 1998. Fairweather Eden. London: Arrow Books.
Pryor F., 2003. Britain BC. London: HarperCollins.
Pryor F., 2005. Flag Fen. Life and death of a prehistoric landscape. Stroud: Tempus.
Pryor F., 2006. Farmers in Prehistoric Britain, 2nd edn. Stroud: Tempus
Pryor F., 2014. Home. A time traveller’s tales from British prehistory. London: Allen Lane.
Renfrew J., 1973. Palaeoethnobotany. The prehistoric food plants of the Near East and Europe. New York: Columbia University Press.
Renfrew J., 1985. Prehistoric Cookery. Recipes and history. Swindon: English Heritage.
Reynolds P.J., 1979. Iron Age Farm. London: British Museum Publications.
Reynolds P.J. [pre-1999]. Occasional Papers, Vols I–IV. Waterlooville: Butser Ancient Farm. [papers from conferences, extracts from journals and books]
Wood J., 2001. Prehistoric Cooking. Stroud: Tempus.